From: Travis Tilley <lv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] removing dhcpcd from system???
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:27:15
1 Aron Griffis wrote:
2 > Travis Tilley wrote: [Tue Sep 28 2004, 04:55:46PM EDT]
3 >
4 >>would you be averse to adding a virtual/dhcp-client that defaults to
5 >>something reasonable and then making this version of baselayout pdep
6 >>on it if dhcp or some other flag is in USE? i'm a more than willing
7 >>guinea pig. :)
10 > I'm not personally averse to this, but I would question pdep. Isn't
11 > rdep the right one in this case?
12 >
13 > Regards,
14 > Aron
15
16 ...true. well, no matter what change is made, definately poke at me. :)
17 also, is this version of baselayout something that would be even
18 remotely reasonable for the very quickly approaching 2004.3 release
19 cycle? pretty much i want to know if i should just remove dhcpcd from
20 the amd64 profile right now or wait until after this release.
23 -Travis-
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list