From: Will Rogers <wjr@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Normal user login with ProFTPd?
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 17:47:30
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I'm a new Gentoo user (as of Friday) and so far I'm liking it a lot.
4 I'm coming from Debian and I like the inroads y'all've made in the
5 flexibility and packaging departments. Not to mention being up to date.
6
7 Anyway, to the point:
8
9 I'm setting up proftpd and I've got it configured with xinetd to allow
10 anonymous access, but I can't figure out how to allow normal system user
11 accounts to log in and access their home directories. I read through
12 the documentation on the proftpd home page and it seems that PAM is the
13 way to do this, so I did an 'AuthPAM on' in my proftpd.conf, but it
14 didn't Just Work(tm) and I'm not sure how to proceed. I've only run
15 wu-ftpd before and it was an install, start, done kind of deal.
18 Thanks for any assistance you can render,
19
20 Will Rogers
21 wjr@×××××××.edu