From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] koffice 1.1.1
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:41:08
1 On Thursday 20 December 2001 15:54, you wrote:
2 > Don't know if any of this is an ebuild problem or just a crappy
3 > product:
4 >
5 > 1) The ebuild installed without a complaint but rendered my system
6 > unstable - total lockup of X/XFCE. Some damage to my sylpheed files
7 > (all files in my current folder marked unread), but ext3 successfully
8 > recovered from the glitch.
9 Hi,
10
11 Generally speaking, kword works great here and on other computer too, so it's
12 not a generic problem.
13
14 Your optimization settings may be to blame, as koffice currently has problems
15 with some settngs (the ebuild tries to compensate). What are your CXXFLAGS?
18 > 2) Kword has lots of menus grayed out and
19 > doesn't work very well (typical kword stuff)
20 I don't see anything like that here. Many menus are indeed disabled, but they
21 shuold be - frame and table-related menus when there is no table or frame in
22 existence, etc. What menu commands are disabled for you that should be
23 enabled?
24
25 > 3) Kword is compiled with
26 > debugging crap which you see if you do 'kword &' from a console.
27 I've tried it and there are indeed a lot of msgs. I'm not sure that's debug
28 level output though, debug may produce even more :-) We don't pass explicit
29 --disable-debug to kde configures but that's supposed to be the deafult, so I
30 don't see what can be done about this.
34 Dan Armak
35 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
36 Matan, Israel