From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Infra notice: increasing strictness of OpenPGP checks
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:42:25
1 On Sat, Jul 21, 2018 at 1:50 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hi, everyone.
4 >
5 > I'm working on improving OpenPGP commit verification on Infra end.
6 > The changes so far shouldn't visibly affect developers whose accounts
7 > are configured correctly. However, if you have trouble pushing, please
8 > contact me (or other Infra members) immediately to investigate.
9 >
10 > The changes so far are:
11 >
12 > 1. We've switched to a new model for fetching and propagating keys
13 > within Infra. This means that your key updates should be propagated
14 > faster now (within 2 hours + keyserver propagation time). Hopefully,
15 > this also means revocations will be noticed much faster.
18 If you lack commit access to repo/gentoo, you may have experienced issues
19 pushing signed commits to other repositories.
20 This has been fixed and your pushes should work now.
21
22 -A
26 > 2. We're enabling pairing keys with developers (the way gkeys is
27 > supposed to work). It means that gitolite will now check that the key
28 > used to sign commits actually belongs to the developer performing
29 > the push.
30 >
31 > --
32 > Best regards,