From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage feature addition
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 00:20:39
1 On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 15:03:27 -0800
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Apparently `repoman fix` doesn't currently work for that particular
5 > case, which is definitely a bug. If you can simply run `repoman
6 > fix`, will that be convenient enough?
7
8 I would like to be able to run `repoman full` without needing to touch
9 the digests at all or with FEATURES=-strict. For an arch dev, the
10 digests are normally fine already and Manifest is automatically fixed
11 when running repoman commit. The danger of global scope nasties ought to
12 be very limited by the time a package is ready for arch keywording.
13
14 The problem with FEATURES=-strict is that it isn't clear what it is
15 actually being strict (or loose) about (maybe the make.conf man page
16 needs to be updated). Obviously, repoman is *already* able to tell me
17 whether a digest or Manifest is bad, and should be able to report this
18 along with all the things it checks for by sourcing the ebuild(s).
19
20 IMO this new feature should be enabled only with FEATURES=stricter or
21 some other smartly named FEATURES flag.
24 Kind regards,
25 JeR
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list