From: Andrew Ammerlaan <andrewammerlaan@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: pkgdev new release v0.2.1 with breaking change
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 17:57:35
1 On 22/05/2022 20:20, Arthur Zamarin wrote:
2 > I have just released a new version [0] for pkgdev. Outside of multiple
3 > new features meant for easier developer workflows (like prepare to send
4 > a last-rite email), there is an important changes in the release which
5 > affect current users of pkgdev.
6 >
7 > ** Important Notice **
8 >
9 > pkgdev now doesn't add the signoff by itself, unless configured. You can
10 > easily configure it by following the instructions [1], which in short
11 > corresponds to adding to `~/.config/pkgdev/pkgdev.conf` the lines:
12 >
13 > [gentoo]
14 > push.signoff = true
15
16 Shouldn't this be commit.signoff instead?
17
18 pkgdev push: failed loading config: unknown arguments: --signoff=true
19
20 (The same mistake is in the documentation at [1])
21
22 > In case you forgot to perform this, the usual workflow of working with
23 > pkgdev (meaning committing and then pushing) would seem to work, but
24 > because of missing Signed-off-by line, the push would fail.
27 > I also recommend to read the full configuration docs at [1], as now it
28 > is possible to configure the "new default" args for pkgdev.
29 >
30 > Finally I want to call for features requests for the pkgcheck and
31 > pkgdev. Myself and other developers are trying to actively maintain the
32 > stack, and add new features, QA checks, etc. I want to make those tools
33 > nice for Gentoo developers, so I need your requests to improve it.
34 >
35 > [0] https://github.com/pkgcore/pkgdev/releases/tag/v0.2.1
36 > [1] https://pkgcore.github.io/pkgdev/man/pkgdev.html#config-file-support
39 Best regards,