From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Opinion against /usr merge
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 01:38:19
1 On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 08:27:29PM +0200, Micha?? G??rny wrote
2 > On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 11:35:02 -0400
3 > "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
4 >
5 > > 3. More support for mdev; e.g. https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev
6 > > and (still in beta) https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Mdev/Automount_USB
7 > > The next challenge is "custom mdev rules", which should be do-able.
8 >
9 > I don't think we should give more support to building a system from
10 > a statically linked rescue suite tool.
11
12 Busybox is a well-supported lightweight replacement for udev and most
13 of coreutils, and also happens to double up as a rescue tool. See my
14 reply to Jason A. Donenfeld for more. BTW, "static" is an optional USE
15 flag for busybox.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>