From: Antoni Grzymala <awaria@××××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA last rites for dev-lisp/cl-smtp; dev-lisp/cl-pop
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 21:00:08
1 Diego E. Pettenò dixit (2010-05-26, 14:54):
4 > # Diego E. Pettenò <flameeyes@g.o> (26 May 2010)
5 > # on behalf of QA team
6 > #
7 > # cl-smtp fails to fetch since at least September 2007
8 > # (bug #193627); cl-pop needs the former.
9 > #
10 > # Removal on 2010-07-25
11 > dev-lisp/cl-smtp
12 > dev-lisp/cl-pop
13
14 cl-smtp has just fetched perfectly for me using the ebuild in the lisp
15 overlay... May I humbly suggest a bump instead of treecleaning?
16
17 On the other hand – I think most CL packages should either get dumped
18 from gentoo proper and people should be advised to use the overlay for
19 most their CL needs today or the overlay should make its way into the
20 main portage tree.
21
22 Please note that this is just a user's POV – I may not be aware of some
23 important reasons for keeping the somewhat sorry status quo.
24
25 Best,
28 [a]