From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <zx2c4@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Step on my toes, please.
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 10:15:20
1 Hey guys,
2
3 Every other day on IRC, I see people arguing about touching each
4 others packages, despite our policies against it. (Sometimes it's even
5 me who's doing the touching!) My instinctive reaction is always,
6 "can't everybody calm down and be happy somebody is doing your work
7 for you?" The answer to this question is, of course, that it depends
8 who the developer is and how competent you are.
9
10 So, nothing new here. I don't want to bikeshed about it. Business as usual.
11
12 I thought I'd do something loose and informal to rectify the problem.
13 See my package-policy.txt on my developer space:
14
15 http://dev.gentoo.org/~zx2c4/package-policy.txt
16
17 Do what this says, and everything will be good. I encourage other
18 developers to post package-policy.txt with the same URL scheme. This
19 is a nice loose and informal stopgap solution. If others want to
20 follow suit, great. If not, welp, there mine is.
21
22 Moving forward, we can come up with a more formal solution for this.
23 I'LL START A NEW THREAD FOR THAT; DON'T REPLY HERE ON THAT TOPIC.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Jason
29 Jason A. Donenfeld
30 Gentoo Linux Security & Infrastructure
31 zx2c4@g.o
32 www.zx2c4.com
33 zx2c4.com/keys/A28BEDE08F1744E16037514806C4536755758000.asc