From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] kernel-mod.eclass addition + clean up
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:55:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I've written a patch for the kernel-mod.eclass to automatically call
4 'depmod' in pkg_postinst() for ebuilds enheriting kernel-mod. Ebuilds
5 that wish to override pkg_postinst() can call kernel-mod_depmod() on
6 their own.
7
8 I've also added a check to kernel-mod_getversion() to ensure that it is
9 not run more than once, and modified a few functions to use the
10 ${KERNEL_DIR} variable instead of ${ROOT}/usr/src/linux/.
11
12 The rest of the changes in the patch are whitespace cleanup.
13
14 Comments are most welcome - if there are no objections I will commit
15 these changes in a couple of days.
16
17 Sincerely,
18 Brix
19 --
20 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
21 Gentoo Linux

kernel-mod_depmod_n_cleanup.patch text/x-patch