From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kerberos USE flag
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 00:19:41
1 On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 15:50 -0600, Joe Peterson wrote:
2 > Michael Hammer wrote:
3 > > * Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o> [081031 15:53]:
4 > >> If no one opposes, I say we redact this USE flag asap.
5 > >
6 > > ++
7 >
8 > I was also wondering why kerberos was on by default - I definitely
9 > approve of nuking it.
10
11 I'm believe the primary reason is for release LiveCD's.
12 They ship with evolution-exchange, and that requires
13 evolution/evolution-data-server to be built with USE=kerberos
14 They don't do /etc/portage business, so it's a global USE flag to get
15 things like GRP packages to work right.
18 Regards,
19 --
20 Mart Raudsepp
21 Gentoo Developer