From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Alvaro Figueroa Cabezas <fede2@××××××××××××××××××.cr>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Where to put prerelease vanilla kernels?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:37:51
1 Absolutely not. The policy is the correct method for numbering
2 versions. Your original understanding of how the policy used versions,
3 and how the kernel developers is incorrect. You could consider the
4 2.4.22_pre kernels as 2.4.21_p kernels... they are patches on top of
5 2.4.21 that will someday in the future become 2.4.22, therefore they're
6 newer. The portage policy is exactly in line with this.
7