From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: rich0@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: formally allow qa to suspend commit rights
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 23:41:17
1 On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:42:14 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So, this was what I was trying to get at in my email. I see a couple
5 > of different models being thrown around and they really differ on the
6 > guidelines as to how QA would apply the power to suspend devs.
7
8 Looking at the rest of your mail besides this; I think that what needs
9 to be discussed further is which cases would be a ComRel matter and
10 which cases would not be.
11
12 There are some loosely defined borders we know of ("technical",
13 "personal", "CoC violation", "breakage", ...) but when it comes to
14 matters that lie on the borders of the above or there are combinations
15 possible, I think we have some situations where both solutions may be
16 possible, maybe we should try to work these out a bit further.
17
18 As when we would wait till it happens and then start to discuss whose
19 matter this is, it would form a problem as well as a delay.
22 With kind regards,
23
24 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
25 Gentoo Developer
26
27 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
28 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
29 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D