From: Zach Forrest <zach@××××××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] portage revisited
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:37:14
1 I've written another function, epurge, that you can find in
2 gentoo.completion that does some rudimentary dependency checking -- you
3 might want to take a look at it.
4
5 I agree that major version numbers should be treated as separate
6 packages (better yet I think they should be separate packages). For
7 example, I would like to see media-libs/freetype be split into
8 media-libs/freetype and media-libs/freetype2. I'm sure there has been
9 discussion of this before (if so I don't mean to rehash an old
10 discussion -- assuming that there was a resolution).
11
12 Zach
13
14 P.S. Hard coding is bad.