From: cilly <cilly@××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Do not modify ebuilds which are already in the tree... even if masked
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:18:49
1 On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:05 PM, Christian Faulhammer wrote:
2
3 > You have the cvs diff abilites and we have a header that says which
4 > CVS revision one is having.
5
6 Well, who are bugreporters? I'd say a lot of users report bugs who
7 don't use CVS at all. And they even don't know about the different
8 CVS-versions. Then a maintainer would have to ask for the CVS
9 version... takes time, requires additional interaction which could be
10 prevented, if the ebuild number is unique.
11 --
12 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list