From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Slight hiccups with Xaw3d-1.5
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:43:32
1 On Friday 27 July 2001 21:52, you wrote:
2 > emerge x11-libs/Xaw3d/Xaw3d-1.5.ebuild fails to install libXaw3d.so. Both
3 > libXaw3d.so.6 and libXaw3dso.6.1 are installed however.
4 >
5 > The result is that no other packages that rely on Xaw3d may compile
6 > against it (such as gv).
7 >
8 > Karl T
9 >
10 I wrote both the Xaw3d and gv ebuilds, so I'll look into it now.
11
12 The libs are installed into /usrX11R6/lib. The actual lib installed is
13 libXaw3d.so.6.1; there should be symlinks libXaw3d.so.6 and libXaw3d.so.
14 The ebuild uses the helper functions dolib and prepdir do create the
15 symlinks. However, since there are only two, there's no problem to have the
16 ebuild create them manually. Before I do that, however, I'll check things
17 here and see if I can reproduce the problem. Expect more info soon.
21 Dan Armak
22 Gentoo Linux Developer
23 Matan, Israel