From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Removing src_test from www-client/chromium
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 07:02:49
1 It's more of a project-internal decision IMHO, but just wanted to get
2 feedback from the larger community.
3
4 Currently 11 out of 27 bugs assigned to chromium.g.o are related to test
5 failures.
6
7 I don't remember a single case where a test failure would point to a
8 real bug in our package.
9
10 I'm seriously considering just removing src_test to make the package
11 more maintainable (less code, less bugs filed, can focus on things that
12 *do* impact our users).
13
14 If you decide to comment in favor of keeping src_test, please consider
15 volunteering to help us with the bugs.
16
17 Feel free to suggest solutions that fall somewhere in between - e.g.
18 having src_test but not excluding any tests there and using
19 RESTRICT=test, so that someone who really wants to run the tests FYI can
20 do so.
21
22 Paweł