From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Two requests for ebuild maintainers+writers
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:55:11
1 On Wednesday 25 August 2004 21:43, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > I have two requests that will help to make my work incredibly easy. ;)
3 >
4 > 1) start using $(get_libdir) wherever possible instead of referencing
5 > lib directly. get_libdir is now part of the eutils eclass and is used by
6 > gen_usr_ldscript in eutils. so, where previously it had:
7
8 One question abou this. Currently java archives are instaled in /usr/lib. They
9 are obviously architecture independent. Should we still use $(get_libdir) for
10 those, or is there maybe an independent dir.
11
12 Paul
13
14 ps. As a sidenote, wouldn't it be better to also make the /usr part dynamic?
15 That makes package relocation fairly easy.
18 Paul de Vrieze
19 Gentoo Developer
20 Mail: pauldv@g.o
21 Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net