From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: mcrypt status
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2018 10:22:21
1 On Sat, 4 Aug 2018 09:51:14 +0000 (UTC) Martin Vaeth wrote:
2 > Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Actually for local symmetric encryption this is the best tool I
5 > > know.
6 >
7 > What is the advantage over gpg --symmetric?
8
9 1) mcrypt has wider range of algorithms, including gost which I
10 need.
11 2) gpg-agent sometimes causes too much trouble (by being enforced
12 in gpg2) and I like it more to enter passphares without any agents.
13 xterm can grab screen and that is sufficient for my needs.
14
15 Other than that gpg -s in nice and good tool.
16
17 Best regards,
18 Andrew Savchenko