From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: kde@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] News item: upgrading to Plasma 5
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 19:06:48
1 On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > If you normally use KDM to launch Plasma, note that it is no longer
4 > supported.
5 > Upstream recommends x11-misc/sddm instead which is pulled in by
6 > plasma-meta by
7 > default. To switch, edit /etc/conf.d/xdm and update DISPLAYMANAGER.
10 Didn't we previously recommend using lightdm? I'm sure migrating is
11 trivial but perhaps some kind of note about this might be useful? I
12 suspect that the instructions for migrating from lightdm->sddm are the
13 same as kdm->sddm.
16 Rich