From: justin <jlec@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] RFC: fortran-2.eclass to depend on virtual/fortran
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2012 17:21:11
1 Hi,
2
3 I want to add following change to fortran-2.eclass to achieve more
4 simpler usage.
5
6 The patch will make the eclass depend on virtual/fortran so that no
7 manual addition is needed.
8 Two exception are present, a) the ebuild has the USE flag fortran, then
9 we check for that, or b) the FORTRAN_OPTIONAL variable is set, which
10 leaves the control to the ebuild (e.g. for cases like "lapack? (
11 virtual/fortran )").
12
13 This is the best coverage of the use cases present, because
14
15 * most ebuild using the eclass want to have a fortran compiler
16 * most other trigger optional fortran support through USE=fortran
17 * only minor have different USE for this purpose (e.g. numpy)
18
19 Thanks for comments,
20
21 Justin