From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qpkg / portage peculiarities
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:57:05
1 > (ii) it would be fantastic if the man page for portage / emerge
2 > could be kept up to date. It simply is easier to read man emerge
3 > than scroll back in the output of emerge --help. Similarly, the
4 > portage user guide accessible from the homepage is by now quite
5 > outdated again (e.g., clean is not documented at all) Yes, one
6 > can find (most of) the information, but it's not really in
7 > the most visible places.
8 >
9 > (iii) While I agree that portage is improving dramatically and
10 > rapidly, having to (re)learn some commands every day on this core
11 > utility doesn't strike me as the best thing for a release ...
14 i agree on this. it'd be really nice, if all these changes could be put
15 on freeze and the appropriate documentation could be updated
16
17 perhaps, there should be one document that is authoritative and portage
18 developers update that... right now its hard to now, what is outdated
19 and what is not...
20
21 perhaps one of them is authoritative already?
22
23 <sarcasm>
24 its probably the ChangeLog
25 </sarcasm>