From: George Shapovalov <georges@×××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Parsable list of all use variables.
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:50:59
1 On Friday 10 May 2002 09:50, Bob Phan wrote:
2 > I agree completely. My original reasoning for XML was enforcing the
3 > formatting and perhaps adding more information. But for my purposes,
4 > what is there should be good enough for now. And actually, it doesn't
5 > matter if there is a - in the description as long as there aren't any
6 > in the use variables themselves. You can split on - and request 2
7 There is even simplier solution to that: we can (and should) enforce space
8 after usevar name. After all, these vars are garanteed to not have a
9 whitespace in it ;). Also, it might become desirable to have a dash inside
10 one of the use-vars, who knows?
11 This is the latest format proposal (basically the same as now, just an attempt
12 to enforce it):
13 1. usevar definition is contained within a single line.
14 2. usevar is followed by space (?any whitespace?) then goes a single separator
15 character (we can enforce "-", but parser may not care) then description
16 field.
20 > > Nice, could you submit this script to bugs.gentoo.org?
21 >
22 > Yup, I'll tidy it up, add docs and an ebuild, and ship it off to
23 > bugzilla tonight.
24 Cool :).
25
26 George