From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:46:54
1 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org> posted
2 20070325154636.5b75ddc1@snowflake, excerpted below, on Sun, 25 Mar 2007
3 15:46:36 +0100:
4
5 > On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:40:51 -0400
6 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
7 >> On Saturday 24 March 2007, Matthias Langer wrote:
8 >> > In my opinion, any project that has reasonable potential to improve
9 >> > Gentoo as a whole
10 >>
11 >> which doesnt apply here
12 >
13 > Did you not say that finding alternatives to Portage is one of Gentoo's
14 > priorities?
15
16 An equally likely meaning (and the one I read into it) is that it might
17 benefit a particular segment of Gentoo users, but as it's not the
18 currently default/official package manager, it'd be a relatively small
19 segment, made proportionally even smaller by the fact that these bindings
20 would at least in the near term impact an even smaller segment of /that/
21 segment.
22
23 A segment of an already minor segment (certainly currently, tho that
24 /may/ eventually change), not likely to be something that can reasonably
25 be characterized as benefiting Gentoo as a whole, at least in the near to
26 medium term, and beyond that, well, things remain up for grabs.
31 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list