From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Submit project ideas NOW for Google Summer of Code 2012
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:44:20
1 On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Richard Yao <ryao@×××××××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > I am not a developer yet, but I would like to suggest some idea possibilities:
3 >
4 > Minix port of Gentoo
5 > Illumos port of Gentoo
6 > LLVM/Clang System Compiler Support
7 > ICC System Compiler Support (probably easier than LLVM/Clang)
8 > Port of Gentoo/FreeBSD to amd64 (or other architectures)
9 > Gentoo/FreeBSD KVM port (we don't have to let upstream have all of the fun)
10 > Gentoo Prefix --as-needed support on one or more architectures that
11 > currently lack it
12 > Gentoo Prefix Cygwin support
13 > Gentoo Prefix Minix support
14
15 I'm a little wary of 'ports' as I am unsure myself how much actual
16 software writing is required.
19 > I might be too inexperienced to serve as a mentor this summer,
20 > provided that the recruitment process finishes in time. I would
21 > appreciate it if anyone interested in being a mentor for any of these
22 > ideas adopted them.
23
24 You don't need to be a Gentoo Developer to be a mentor.