From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] media-libs/svgalib maintainers wanted
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 18:13:59
1 Hi,
2
3 Are there any developers who use svgalib and would be interested in
4 helping out maintenance-wise?
5
6 It's currently maintained by Mike (spanky) but he doesn't use it or have
7 any interest in it - he just looks after it because nobody else does.
8
9 I believe he's about to commit the fix for the current critical open bug
10 (#195632) but if anyone else is interested in helping out it would
11 probably help response-time in the future (it does have some real users
12 who have been bitten by this bug for a number of weeks).
13
14 It's not a fun package to maintain - not very useful IMO, it's a kernel
15 module that lives outside the kernel so it will regularly break
16 overnight, upstream are rather dead, etc, but if someone wouldn't mind
17 putting some time towards it now and then, some of our users would
18 appreciate it :)
19
20 Thanks,
21 Daniel