From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: old udev versions
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:32:02
1 All,
2
3 the last thread started by mgorny has prompted me to ask here on the
4 list which versions of udev we really need in the tree.
5
6 I know that all versions before 133 must go because openrc has a
7 requirement for at least that version.
8
9 I've looked at the kernel packages we have in /usr/portage, but have no
10 guide there either. If I go by gentoo-sources, I could get rid of all
11 but very recent versions of udev, but I have heard some things also
12 about people using older kernels. Also, vanilla-sources goes all the way
13 back to 2.6.16 (I have no idea why)?
14
15 Any thoughts would be helpful.
16