From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Inconsistent use of || preferences for www-client/elinks, links, lynx, w3m, and w3mmee
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2020 10:32:38
1 Il giorno lun 10 feb 2020 alle ore 08:20 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o>
2 ha scritto:
3
4 > On Sun, 2020-02-09 at 22:51 -0800, Zac Medico wrote:
5 > > In that case, I suppose we'll have to apply consistency manually? Can we
6 > > all agree on a global order of preference for the relevant packages?
7 >
8 > That would be my idea, yes. I'd suggest going for the 'lightest'
9 > package first. Would you be able to figure out some kind of measure
10 > on how heavy each of those packages is? I suppose we need to account
11 > for build time and dependencies.
12 >
13 > All of these packages are pretty old and not receiving commits in years,
14 may I suggest that the order should be from the less prone to break to the
15 most prone to break?
16 I'll leave to maintainers decide on how to assign a vote on resilience, but
17 monitoring upstream, active forks and other distro should be taken in
18 account.
19
20 Best,
21 Francesco