From: Fuper <futurist@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] libpng borked
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:16:06
1 On Monday 15 April 2002 10:11 am, Preston A. Elder wrote:
2 > Masked? probably not. However something more conspicuous should be
3 > added to the ebuild to tell the user to run the script in files that
4 > tells the user what needs to be rebuilt after upgrading.
5 >
6 > If the users use evolution, I would also recommend they unmerge the old
7 > version of libpng, and then re-build all the stuff recommended by the
8 > script. Evolution does some funky detection stuff, and in the end,
9 > loads the old version of libpng, but recognizes it was compiled against
10 > the new version, and it stops.
11
12 I found the same problem with evolution doing "funky detection stuff";
13 libpng compile-time/run-time conflicts in Evolution are mentioned
14 elsewhere on the web.
15
16 I had concluded that I could fix things somewhat as Preston suggested
17 and this morning did
18 # emerge rsync
19 # emerge -e evolution
20
21 and now gob-1.0.12.ebuild fails to compile!?! [The linker fails to find
22 a reference to yywrap in lexer.o] Should I file a bug report on gob?
25 Fuper