From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Supprting SPF on our mail servers
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 13:43:12
1 On Friday 12 March 2004 22:12, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:57:12PM +0100 or thereabouts, Patrick Kursawe
3 wrote:
4 > > I'm afraid this will force me to use another mail client than my
5 > > beloved mutt - or can anyone tell me how to convice it to work with
6 > > different SMTP servers since currently (afaik) it just invokes "sendmail"
7 > > to get the local MTA?
8 >
9 > I use mutt as well and you're right, it isn't smtp-aware. In both of our
10 > cases, we'd have to configure our MTAs to talk to dev.gentoo.org via asmtp.
11
12 I'm presently using postfix+sasl to forward mail to dev.g.o using (what I
13 believe is) asmtp. It was fairly easy to set up. BTW, I'm not forwarding
14 heaps of mail - just a PITA to have to watch and wait for how long it takes a
15 mail client to send messages directly via dial-up. ;-)
16
17 <snip>
18 > I believe more MTAs support TLS than asmtp. (though I'm hoping to be proven
19 > wrong on this point)
20
21 Can't help there.
22