From: Paul Mayer <paul@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] change log UI enhancements, spelling
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:33:25
1 Hi Folks,
2
3 Great distro, testing it, thanks.
4
5 Enhancement suggestions for the changelog page
6 http://www.gentoo.org/index-changelog.html :
7
8 * Your international audience has no idea in what timezone the changelog
9 timestamps fall. A TZ code would helpful, and while looking at that,
10 how about slipping in the date of the change too?
11
12 * Your less experienced audience probably has no idea about what a lot
13 of the packages that are being chagnged are, and would probably learn
14 something from being better informed. How about automatically creating
15 links to the package descriptions from the changelog entries?
16
17 ---
18
19 Spelling support: How about adding the spelling module to the default
20 install of Mozilla mail? I've been struggling to get it to work to no
21 avail. Unfortuneatly I don't have tons of time to figure that kind of
22 stuff out, but maybe someone in the developer group familiar with Moz
23 could solve for this?
24
25 How about adding ebuilds for the international dictionaries for
26 OpenOffice and Mozilla? (Myspell too, while we're at it.)
27
28 Thanks again!