From: Oskari Pirhonen <xxc3ncoredxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] No stable firejail
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 00:49:58
1 Hi,
2
3 After updating my system and running `eclean-dist --deep`, I noticed the
4 following output:
5
6 The following unavailable installed packages were found
7 sys-apps/firejail-0.9.64.4
8
9 Was removing the stable version of sys-apps/firejail intentional? The
10 ebuild commit message says "Upstream released security bump", so it
11 sounds plausible.
12
13 I'm OK with manually keywording `=sys-apps/firejail-0.9.68`, but I
14 generally prefer stable packages where I can. Also, I find it
15 interesting that a package that previously had a stable version no
16 longer does. I've used Gentoo since ~2016, and off the top of my head, I
17 can't think of another instance of something like this occurring (with
18 the set of packages I have installed).
19
20 - Oskari