From: "Jared H. Hudson" <jhhudso@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo needs volunteers to test experimental stages
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 04:26:27
1 Gentoo Users,
2
3 We need help testing stages for the upcoming Gentoo 1.4 release.
4 There is a mailling list devoted to testers. Please subscribe to it if
5 you plan on helping us test. It's gentoo-qa@g.o. Send a blank
8 The latest stages can be found at:
9 ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/experimental/x86/stages/
10 Please start with the latest stage1.
11
12 The latest LiveCD can be found at:
13 ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/experimental/x86/livecd/
14
15 Please test the latest stage1 and report any problems to me and
16 bugzilla.(http://bugs.gentoo.org/)
17 If you successfully install the stage1, please e-mail me so that I know
18 people are testing it and it works. If you install any other packages,
19 please send me a list of your /var/db/pkg.
20
21 We're currently in the "build and test" phase which will
22 continue until 1.4_rc3/_final has been tested adequately and all
23 significant bugs have been addressed. If we're going to keep on schedule
24 this needs to be done by Jan. 10th.
25
26 Thanks,
27 Jared H.