From: Cyril Tikhomiroff <tikho@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Instability
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 11:41:35
1 Hi again,
2
3 I have found why my system hang during Hard disk access (I forgot to use
4 the driver of myu IDE controller in the kernel). There is still something
5 I don't understand.
6
7 After a few minutes or more after booting Gentoo Linux 1.1a, it is not
8 possible to start any new process. If for instance I had a shell and I
9 issue ls /bin, then my prompt does nothing and it is not possible to kill
10 the ls process with CTRL-C or CTRL-\.
11
12 Is it related to a misconfiguration of the kernel ? Is it related to
13 tmpfs, devfs ?
14
15 Again, if you could send me your .config of the kernel use on your ISO
16 installation disc, it could maybe help me.
17
18 Regards
19
20 Tikho