From: Francesco Riosa <francesco@×××××××××.it>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mysql-bin ebuild
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:56:37
1 Robin H. Johnson ha scritto:
2
3 >On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 01:55:57PM +0100, Francesco Riosa wrote:
6 >>After some testing on MySQL ebuild for version 4.1.x and 5.0.x appear to
7 >>me that is very difficult have a stable version of those databases with
8 >>current glibc, gcc and maybe os-headers stable defaults (at least on x86
9 >>and amd64).
10 >>
11 >>Adding a dev-db/mysql-bin package seems the only short-term viable
12 >>solution to have those versions of mysql in portage tree. Leaving out
13 >>all the problems that dependant packages have after mysql 4.1.3 release.
14 >>
15 >>I'm going to writing an ebuild that (maybe using alternatives.eclass)
16 >>unpack the binary distribuited version of mysql in /opt/ dir and symlink
17 >>all the programs to paths currently used from the source dist.
18 >>
19 >>any input on how to write it in a way that permit it to be included in
20 >>the portage tree very apreciated, expecially that from Robin H. Johnson
21 >>a.k.a robbat2
24 >I'd say it should be mutually exclusive of the source-built version
25 >(DEPEND=!dev-db/mysql). See about putting it's bindir into the PATH
26 >instead of messing around with symlinks. However I think it should use
27 >the same /var/lib/mysql for it's data directory.
30 Ok, I'll discover how to add a /etc/env.d/98mysql
31
32 >By default it should provide the stock binaries, if USE=max, then
33 >provide the mysql-max binaries, and if USE=debug, instead provide the
34 >debugging binaries.
38 IUSE="max debug innodb berkdb selinux utf8 perl ruby"
39
40 with "max" and "debug" mutually exlusive,
41 "innodb" "berkdb" "selinux" "utf8" modifying the my.cnf file
42 "perl" "ruby" operating on RDEPEND
43 ?
46 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list