From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] games.eclass
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:10:26
1 On 08/21/2015 08:50 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, hasufell wrote:
3 >
4 >> Like allowing that devs may or may not use games.eclass, so that
5 >> users cannot expect consistent behavior for games anymore?
6 >
7 > Sorry, but that is not accurate. Usage of games.eclass has been
8 > deprecated by QA [1] (with the council's mandate [2]), so devs should
9 > not use it any longer.
10 >
11 > Maybe QA should be stricter in enforcing its policies, in order to
12 > avoid such false impressions in future?
13 >
14 > Ulrich
15 >
16 > [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Meeting_Summaries#Games_team_policies_issue
17 > [2] https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20140812-summary.txt
21 May I remind you that
22
23 """
24 - Motion: "The council encourages the games team to accept join
25 requests and elect a lead. In the event they don't elect a lead
26 within 6 weeks, we will consider the team as dysfunctional and thus
27 disband it."
28 Accepted with 6 yes votes and 1 abstention.
29 """
30
31 has never happened? There has been no vote, but the team has not been
32 considered dysfunctional. Instead we are just acting like it doesn't
33 exist, more or less. Sounds good?
34
35 It seems, that QA is currently an "intermediate games project policy
36 team". Is that its job? I don't think so. Maybe QA should have _less_ power.