From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] rfc: versionator.eclass
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 22:26:15
1 Here's a little eclass I wrote the other day while out duck hunting
2 with a judge:
3
4 http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm/tmp/versionator.eclass
5
6 The idea is to make it easier for people to get rid of a load of those
7 nasty global scope sed / cut calls. Actually, I lied. The idea is to
8 stop people from pestering me at 3am asking how to replace the second
9 hyphen with an underscore.
10
11 You could, of course, write a load of bash voodoo like certain ebuilds
12 do already. This leads to headaches though, especially when people get
13 it wrong...
14
15 Any use? Worth committing? I've got a few things that currently do bash
16 magic that could be converted over for readability purposes, and I know
17 others are in a similar situation...
18
19 Suggestions welcomed, especially if they come with patches.
22 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
23 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
24 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm