From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Tristan Hill <stan@××××××××××.uk>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] static compilation and executable stacks
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 23:11:56
1 On Tuesday 14 February 2006 17:02, Tristan Hill wrote:
2 > I'm updating the rpm ebuild[1]. Without any modifications the
3 > executables are statically compiled and I get the QA message about
4 > executable stacks. However, removal of "-static" from the compilation
5 > flags in ./configure also stops generation of an executable stack. The
6 > information about executable stacks, e.g. [2] and [3] dont indicate
7 > anything special about static compilation. Wondered if anyone has any
8 > suggestions on this behaviour.
9
10 re-emerge popt and see if that fixes it
11 -mike
12 --
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list