From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] texlive cyrillic font : restrictive license
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:02:53
1 On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 04:14:06 -0700
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 12:49 Sun 14 Oct , Alexis Ballier wrote:
5 > > while adding cyrillic packages for texlive I've come across a
6 > > restrictive license for the literat package.
7 >
8 > > You are allowed:
9 > ...
10 > > - to distribute fonts together with RFBR TeX distribution.
11 >
12 > > You are not allowed:
13 > ...
14 > > - to distribute this fonts as an independent package;
15 >
16 > This is the one part that concerns me. If you aren't doing this
17 > literally within one of the packages, rather than as a standalone
18 > package of its own, don't do it.
19
20 yeah... I'm afraid you're right; I had read it the wrong way, we're
21 distributing it as part of texlive installation, not RFBR afaik.
22 I had considered "you are allowed to use it with any tex distribution"
23 sufficient, but it's not.
24
25 Thanks,
26