From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 32: Maildir location
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:53:08
1 Vapier wrote: [Wed Nov 03 2004, 08:16:37PM CST]
2 > does this really require a GLEP ? isnt this something the net-mail
3 > herd could
4 > have decided on themselves ?
5
6 If the net-mail shepherds actually wanted to make this change, then
7 it's quite true that a GLEP would not be required. My understanding is
8 that the current situation is that the net-mail folks aren't opposed in
9 principle, but they're (we're) worried that the additional flexibility
10 will lead to a raft of new bug reports. When I e-mailed the author to
11 let him know that I had posted his GLEP, I also suggested that he needs
12 to address where the additional manpower would come from to implement
13 and maintain it. As I'm sure you're well aware, the more critical the
14 herd happens to be (e.g., base-system), the fewer people one can find to
15 work on it.
16
17 -g2boojum-
18 --
19 Grant Goodyear
20 Gentoo Developer
21 g2boojum@g.o
22 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
23 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76