From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] nss_* and system users
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 17:12:29
1 On Friday 16 June 2006 10:00, Mike Kelly wrote:
2 > "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Friday 16 June 2006 05:03, Mike Frysinger wrote:
4 > > > nss is glibc-only, so such a solution would be inadequate
5 > >
6 > > Actually this is one of the strange and rare cases that's not only
7 > > glibc's. FreeBSD can use nss too :)
8 >
9 > Also, it seems that Solaris uses the same /etc/nsswitch.conf as well. I
10 > don't know about Darwin, though, as I don't have access to a machine.
11
12 ok, so in light of this let me rephrase:
13 working only with nss is not an adequate solution
14
15 thanks all for the corrections
16 -mike