From: Denis Shcherbakov <deniss@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] initrd and SCSI system
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:15:05
1 Hi,
2
3 I have all-SCSI hard drives in my system (no IDE hard drives at all), and
4 I was wondering if it's necessary for me to build an initrd image for this
5 system to initialize properly. If I should do this, how do I do it in the
6 chrooted jail installing Gentoo for the first time? Is it the usual way,
7 like one would do with Redhat or something, or are there special tips for
8 Gentoo?
9
10 Also, would you recommend compiling all SCSI support and low-level SCSI
11 driver for my adapter right into the kernel, or should I make them
12 modules?
13
14 Thanks for your advice.
15 Denis