From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: calling all eclass phase functions by default
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 07:24:01
1 On 8/17/14, 9:18 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2014-08-17, o godz. 09:06:04
3 > "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> napisał(a):
4 >> The warning would make the problem more visible to ebuild writers. Then
5 >> we already have a solution that works, i.e. explicitly defining the
6 >> phase function in the ebuild, possibly calling the eclass functions.
7 >>
8 >> My understanding is people not being aware of the problem is the main
9 >> issue here, not the ability to address it.
10 >
11 > What we could do is printing the phase function names when starting
12 > them, e.g.:
13 >
14 > >>> [foo_src_compile] Compiling sources in ...
15 >
16 > As for another idea, we could warn if an eclass overrides phase
17 > function via implicit inherit without redefining it. As I see it, this
18 > is the biggest issue here, and a solution that's relatively easy to
19 > accept.
20
21 Both of these sound good to me.
22