From: "Bryan Østergaard" <kloeri@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: extending project xml to have stuff that the project is working on and collect them as Gentoo current goals
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:36:02
1 On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 11:34:25PM +0300, Petteri R??ty wrote:
2 > As the recent thread showed there is a lot going on in Gentoo land
3 > although it doesn't always seem so. I propose we extend project xml to
4 > describe current stuff going on in the project in question and their
5 > estimated completion date. Then we require this file to be updated
6 > monthly. What do you think?
7 >
8 I'd probably just cron my updates personally :)
9
10 Alpha and IA64 would both read "More keywording stuff done, yawn" every
11 month. Python, apache and mozilla would read something like "fixed
12 random bugs". Most other projects I'm involved in would be very much
13 like that I think.
14
15 The only projects that I'm a member of that it would be interesting to
16 hear from imo is devrel and council and they already give status updates
17 whenever something interesting or important happens.
18
19 Please note that I'm not against these status updates at all. I just
20 don't think forcing a pre-determined schedule makes much sense.
21
22 Regards,
23 Bryan Øtergaard
24 --