From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Unmasking modular X
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:31:46
1 Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o> said:
2 > Is there any need for the packages to go into stable without the X deps being
3 > fixed? Why not just open a bug for the package maintainer and mark it against
4 > whatever bug is requesting stabling of that package? Moving something to
5 > stable that you know is going to be broken within a relatively short
6 > timeframe seems like a very bad idea...
7
8 We are talking about completely unrelated versions, not what we are touching.
9 For example, old imagemagick ebuilds sitting around, where the newer ebuilds
10 are fixed, but old ones are not. We have a security bug open about this
11 package right now, and having an error about deps in some old version doesn't
12 really help arch teams at all.
13
14 I am all for getting stuff ported, but making things harder for arch teams is
15 not the way to go about it.
18 Mark Loeser - Gentoo Developer (cpp gcc-porting toolchain x86)
19 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
20 mark AT halcy0n DOT com
21 web - http://dev.gentoo.org/~halcy0n/
22 http://www.halcy0n.com