From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RANT: Upgrade icu and KDE at once
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:17:53
1 On 04/30/2013 01:06 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@×××.de> wrote:
3 >> The most annoying fact is, that none of this would have been necessary with
4 >> portage 2.2, but maybe we have to wait for 2.1.11.500 before 2.2 gets
5 >> stable...
6 >
7 > Actually, @preserved-rebuild is supported in the current stable
8 > portage. It just isn't the default or encouraged. I'm running stable
9 > portage and had no issues with the icu upgrade. It even triggered
10 > slot operator dependency rebuilds automatically for about a half-dozen
11 > packages.
12 >
13 > I did get the icu and KDE upgrades on separate days.
14
15 Indeed, the libicu update this time around went much, much cleaner than
16 any previous time. (At least, it did for me.)
17
18 I'm not running full KDE, though. The biggest quirk I hit, I described
19 in bug #468022