From: Curtis Napier <curtis119@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for August
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:03:04
2 Hash: MD5
3
4 Ned Ludd wrote:
5 > On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 08:06 -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
6 >> Ned Ludd wrote:
7 >>> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 11:21 +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:
8 >>>> Mike Frysinger wrote:
9 >>>>> This is your monthly friendly reminder ! Same bat time (typically the
10 >>>>> 2nd Thursday once a month), same bat channel (#gentoo-council @
11 >>>>> irc.freenode.net) !
12 >>>> Would like the Council to discuss the current state of Gentoo Bugzilla
13 >>>> [1] and anon CVS/SVN [2].
14 >>> Please elaborate why you need the council to discuss
15 >>> ongoing active bugs that are in progress.
16 >>>
17 >> I would also like to know why the council has to be involved since
18 >> you've never sent an email to infra specifically asking the same thing
19 >> first. Sure makes sense to me that you should ask the group involved
20 >> with the work first instead of going to the top.
21 >>
22 >> But since I'm typing it now, I might as well answer it.
23 >>
24 >> I finally got the hardware this week for bugs, and I've been working on
25 >> bringing those boxes online.
26 >
27 > And it's impressive hardware at a pretty kickass facility :)
30 Yes indeed it is impressive hardware at a pretty kickass facility :)
31
32 I got to chat with the CEO of the company that donated that equipment
33 and the wait was *more* than worth it. Once it's up and running our
34 bugzilla will be rock solid and fast fast fast fast fast for years to come.
35
36 Web front end:
37
38 1 x IBM HS20's
39 Dual 3.2GHz XEON 2MB Cache
40 2048 DDR2 ECC RAM
41 Dual 73GB SCSI 320 HDD
42
43 Database:
44
45 2 x IBM HS20's
46 Dual 3.2GHz XEON 2MB Cache
47 4096 DDR2 ECC RAM
48 Dual 73GB SCSI 320 HDD
49 Qlogic 4Gb/s Fiber controller
50 10GB SAN LUN
53 They donate a lot of other equipment to us as well. Thanks goes to
54 http://365main.com
57 >> If I'm lucky, I'll have them at least
58 >> booting on their own today.
59 >>
60 >> The anoncvs/svn stuff needs the attention of some knowledgeable cvs/svn
61 >> guru. We want to ensure that we cover all our grounds in the setup so
62 >> that we don't make a system that's easily DoS'able. If anyone wants to
63 >> help out with that, please contact KingTaco as he's the contact for that
64 >> project right now.
65 >
66 > It's just about ready afaik. We just want robbat2 to review the CVS
67 > setup and I probably need to drop a patch in the cvs pkg to disable
68 > compression. We probably also want Pylon to review the svn setup.
71 Very cool. Nice work, thanks.
74 >> Patience is indeed a virtue.
75 >
76 > Indeed..