From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 19:02:17
1 On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 09:56 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 01:19:45 +0530
3 > Anant Narayanan <anant@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On 28-Mar-07, at 1:45 AM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 > > > Do you acknowledge that Portage is a severe limiting factor when it
6 > > > comes to improving the Gentoo user experience as a whole?
7 > >
8 > > I certainly don't think so. A lot of people *switch* to Gentoo
9 > > because of portage. Portage is a core part of our distro, and I
10 > > don't see it being replaced for a long time to come.
11 >
12 > Portage or the tree? Portage is just a way of using the tree, and it's
13 > not a very good one...
14
15 Can you please stop taking cheap pot shots every chance you get. We all
16 get it. You are not a fan of portage.
19 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
20 Gentoo Linux
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list