From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The future of dohtml
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:05:52
1 On 28/08/14 18:58, Micha³ Górny wrote:
2 > Dnia 2014-08-28, o godz. 00:37:48
3 > Micha³ Górny <mgorny@g.o> napisa³(a):
4 >
5 >> 3. ulm wants to reintroduce dohtml in an eclass for people who want to
6 >> use it. I'd rather cover it with warnings signs and tell people not to
7 >> touch it. IMHO a better replacement is the plain 'docinto html; dodoc
8 >> -r ...', possibly with some extra filtering applied before or after
9 >> install.
10 >>
11 >> What do you think?
12 > One more thing came up on IRC: einstalldocs (and therefore the default
13 > install function) installing README* that catches README.html as well.
14 > I'd rather not add more dohtml-like magic and say it's fine.
15
16 I really dislike the whole default list of files defined for DOCS, I keep
17 constantly adding empty DOCS="" to ebuilds to skip them
18 I'd rather see whole list pruned empty, and let the maintainer
19 decide which docs are actually useful