From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: removal of <net-print/foo2zjs-99999999 (earlier versions are fubar)
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:15:44
1 On 6/8/11 4:17 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > BTW if you'd like to create an eclass for that kind of live packages
3 > (which fetch packages from upstream), I could add smart rebuild
4 > possibility to start-live-rebuild [1]. This way, foo2zjs users would be
5 > able to upgrade their package whenever upstream tarball changes.
6 >
7 > [1]:https://github.com/mgorny/smart-live-rebuild
8
9 Interesting, sounds like that could be useful. But I have no idea how
10 such an eclass would look like (rather trivial), and there are not many
11 packages that would use it (currently just one).
12
13 How about PROPERTIES="live"? We could add "live" to possible values of
14 PROPERTIES...